Thursday, June 18, 2009

drug stores, groceries and a full day on the job!

This morning Tracy picked us up because we still hadn't gotten our bus passes.

We made a quick stop at CVS (mom...it took me back! I haven't been to one since we moved!) so I could drug up

Attempted to get bus passes at the Metro. Tracy got into a fistfight with the attendant who told her it was cash only. She told him it was "just silly" not to take cards. He told her it was "just silly" she didn't have any cash. We left.

We got settled in at the office today, worked on more detailed work plans, and organized this messy desk. My desk overlooks the street which so far as proven pretty distracting but makes for great people watching!

It's a pretty sweet place to work. These are from a protest about workers who have a tipped wage of only $2.13/hr. Now they make $3.63!

After successfully navigating the Portland Bus system, we relaxed at home for a bit and then headed out with Martha and Elin to do some grocery shopping at Hannaford's. I think it's beat out both jewel and dominicks as my new favorite place, which is no small feat. 


We bought enough food to feed a small army. mmm fluff. They even had the raspberry kind at the store...another thing I've been missing since Londonderry!

All in all, a pretty successful day. Tomorrow we get the afternoon off, and provided that the rain holds off, Mackenzie and I are hoping to do some exploring downtown!

No comments:

Post a Comment